KieferFanForum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

KieferFanForum

Everything about Kiefer Sutherland

AccueilConnexionS'enregistrerDernières imagesGalerieRechercher

that championship season

AuteurMessage
housism
Coiffeuse de Kiefer
Coiffeuse de Kiefer

that championship season Empty
MessageSujet: that championship season   that championship season Icon_minitimeDim 10 Avr - 14:22

quelques photos de Kiefer hier soir à l'entrée du théâtre (merci bt27 sur kiefer's krew)
je vais essayer de compléter ce sujet si j'ai un peu de temps cet après-midi, il y a déjà plein de choses à propos de la pièce.

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/111939175/Getty-Images-Entertainment

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/111939153/Getty-Images-Entertainment

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/111939153/Getty-Images-Entertainment

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/111939064/Getty-Images-Entertainment
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
housism
Coiffeuse de Kiefer
Coiffeuse de Kiefer

that championship season Empty
MessageSujet: Re: that championship season   that championship season Icon_minitimeLun 25 Avr - 13:03

me voilà de retour après la tournée de concerts qui se sont bien passés (ouf!!!)
et voilà donc quelques nouvelles de notre kiefer par un groupe de fans de hockey qui l'ont rencontré après la pièce. kiefer y raconte qu'il supportait une équipe qu'il a abandonné quand il était avec une de ses copines et qu'il a supporté à nouveau cette équipe (Toronto) après leur séparation. si vous cliquez sur le lien plus bas, vous aurez même une caricature de kiefer et de noth.

Fun little TCS-related story from The New Yorker...

CLOSEUP DEPT.HOCKEY GUYS
by Ben McGrath
MAY 2, 2011

Last month, Howard Balter, a forty-five-year-old finance manager for the city of Vaughan, Ontario, submitted a comment to the Web page of the Broadway show “That Championship Season,” starring Kiefer Sutherland and Chris Noth. “Just wanted to send a note to relate what I think are some interesting coincidences between your play and an annual hockey trip that I am a part of,” it began. The play is about a reunion of middle-aged men in Scranton, Pennsylvania, on the twentieth anniversary of their having won a high-school basketball championship. Balter and his road-tripping pals were approaching an anniversary of their own: twenty years of shared hockey fandom. In his note, he stressed the parallels: “The play: 4 guys and a coach who have known each other for a long time, including 2 brothers. Our trip: 4-5 guys who have known each other a long time, including 2 brothers. The play: based in Scranton, PA. Our trip: many stays in Scranton, PA.” The group was headed to New York. The men had tickets to see the Devils, in Newark. They had also bought tickets to a Saturday matinée.

The note charmed the play’s producers, who thought it might be a nice idea to invite the hockey guys backstage, after the show, to meet their supposed fictional counterparts. A warmup lunch was arranged, at Sardi’s. The road trippers were immediately recognizable by the Montreal Canadiens jersey that one of them was wearing. Before long, they began bickering, as old friends do. Michael Balter, Howard’s older brother, mentioned having heard the Canadian anthem at the Flyers game, in Philadelphia, two nights before. “No, they didn’t play it,” the man in the jersey, whose name was Michael Polisuk, said.

“Yeah, they did.”

“Did not,” Howard Balter said.

And so on. They passed on coffee or dessert so that the elder Balter would have time to run out to the N.H.L. Store, on Sixth Avenue, before showtime. Then a waiter walked by carrying Baked Alaska for a neighboring table. “Oh, wow, we should have ordered that flaming dessert,” Howard said.

They enjoyed the play, which presented a far grimmer and more contentious picture of male bonding. In a hospitality room backstage, Kiefer Sutherland, a fellow-Canadian and hockey enthusiast, was the first to greet them. “Where do you guys play?” he asked.

“Uh, we don’t play,” Howard Balter said. “We watch.”

“Oh.”

Sutherland told them a story about having switched his fan allegiance from the Toronto Maple Leafs to the Canadiens because of a girl he used to date, and then moved along. Chris Noth appeared soon after. “All right, which guy’s having the affair with the other guy’s wife?” he asked, alluding to his character in the play, a philandering strip-mining tycoon. Joking, they all pointed to Polisuk, in the Montreal jersey. “And I guess you’re all a bunch of drunks,” Noth added. “So, is it twenty years now? For what team and where?”

“Any team, anywhere,” Howard Balter said, causing Noth to furrow his brow in confusion.

“We all live in Toronto,” Polisuk explained. “We went the first night to Buffalo. We saw the Sabres. Then we went to Philadelphia and we saw the Flyers. Last night we saw the Devils. And tonight—”

Noth cut him off. “But your team,” he said. “Tell me, was it a high-school team, or—”

“We’re not athletic,” Howard Balter said.

“I thought you guys were a hockey team.”

“We’re hockey followers,” Balter said, and extended his hand for a shake. “I’m Howard.”

The comedian Jim Gaffigan, who plays the corrupt (and cuckolded) mayor of Scranton, was next to greet the touring Canucks. “I know nothing about hockey,” he warned, and then corrected himself. “Actually, I was in a tiny indie film that was called ‘No Sleep ’til Madison,’ which was about a group of friends who travelled around watching the Wisconsin state hockey finals.”

“Sort of like us,” Michael Balter said.

“We don’t play, we just watch,” a road tripper named Danny added.

“No, these guys just watched, too,” Gaffigan said.

“Well, that’s us,” Balter said.

“I’m not saying it’s a great movie,” Gaffigan said, eying a plate of fried chicken. ♦

http://www.newyorker.com/talk/2011/05/02/110502ta_talk_mcgrath

I like the caricature. And I'd bet pretty good money the ex-girlfriend is Catherine. (Though, as a big sports fan myself, I can't for all the life of me imagine changing my rooting allegiance for a relationship. Maybe he wasn't really that big a Leafs fan to start with... )
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

that championship season
Page 1 sur 1